Friday, May 6, 2011

New Baby!

So our little bundle of joy Rya Starr Genther was born March 29, 2011 at 7:56 am and weighed 7lbs 15oz.  Chris came up with the name Rya but we didn't decide on it until after she was a few days old.  Star is a city on Chris' mission and I didn't realize until after we turned in the birth certificate that Star was not spelled Starr, Chris just wanted an extra "r" because he liked it!  

She is just the cutest thing.  When I first saw her, I thought she looked exactly like Devi did - of course a bit smaller though.  Devi loves her new baby sister and thought for a while that it was her baby and wanted Rya to use her doll stroller and sit in her doll chairs.  When you ask Devi what Rya does at home she says "she cries and does nursing."   Mostly nursing though!

Rya loves to be held when she sleeps and so needless to say, I'm not getting a lot done.   She has to wait until she is fast asleep to get all her poopy out, and then as soon as I get her to sleep again, the same thing happens!  But I am grateful that at least she sleeps, unlike  Devi did.  We absolutely love her!

I tried to potty train Devi around Christmas time and she got so mad and did not want to sit on the potty.  After coming home from the hospital and changing two kids in diapers, I just couldn't do it anymore.  It almost seemed wrong that Devi was pooping in a diaper, because she just looked so big compared to the baby.  I finally realized that potty training happens in steps and not just overnight.  I wanted D to go poopy and pee pee in the toilet and didn't want to deal with poop in the panties.  But after I got over that, Devi did awesome!  She at first reserved her "surprises"  for naptimes when she was in a diaper and at night.  But within these last two weeks she is potty trained (except for at night).  D even picked out her own big girl panties last night, up till that point I picked them out.  She really wanted a blue and purple pair.

I have to say that I was impressed that I was able to handle a newborn, c-section recovery and potty training all in this last month.  Now we have to work on getting rid of the binky.

2 comments:

  1. love this picture of rya! i just started a blog too, i emailed the invite to you, but not sure which email you still use. also, your blog is a little hard to read w/ the neon pink against the black...thought you might like to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable Brooke. . . but you already knew that! Hopefully she'll start sleeping better, so that you can actually get some sleep. :). I'm impressed that you've been able to potty train Devi in the midst of all this. What can I say. . . you're amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete