Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day

St. Patrick's Day was great! At school we were talking about how St. Patrick's Day got started and some of the things we do to celebrate St. Patrick's day. I decided to show the class a stain glass picture of St. Patrick. They kept telling me that he wasn't St. Patrick because he wasn't a star or look like he did on tv. I assured them that it really was St. Patrick. Then it finally clicked...they thought that St. Patrick's day was a day to celebrate Patrick on Sponge Bob. I just laughed and laughed. First graders say the funniest things!
I made Chris a green dinner: macaroni, salad, french fries, eggs, cornbread...yes all green. I know some of it is random but I was going for a breakfast theme and then realized he was probably going to still be hungry. I think it kind of grossed him out, but I know that he secretly really liked it.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to pop over and say Hi...happy blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun dinner..very creative and sweet! You should have taken pictures :) Jeremy put food coloring in our milk when i wasn't looking and dyed it green...fun times!

    ReplyDelete