She was so good while she was getting blessed. I was prepared with a bottle just in case! We don't seem to be able to make it through a whole sacrament meeting, so it was great she made it though her blessing. Chris blessed her and gave a beautiful blessing. Thanks to everyone who came to her blessing! It's nice to have family close enough so we are able to do things like this. I know I know I am becoming one of those parents who just posts about their kid. Oh well!
Monday, March 2, 2009
Baby Blessing and First Family Picture
Here is
Devi in her blessing dress! Not the best picture but hopefully we'll get some more up soon. She was blessed this last Sunday, March 1. Coincidently the same day that we found out we were pregnant last year! I made her dress with lots of help from my mom. Then bought a little sweater to go over it. And of course Devi had to have a honking flower to match her dress. I don't care what you say...I think they're cute!
She was so good while she was getting blessed. I was prepared with a bottle just in case! We don't seem to be able to make it through a whole sacrament meeting, so it was great she made it though her blessing. Chris blessed her and gave a beautiful blessing. Thanks to everyone who came to her blessing! It's nice to have family close enough so we are able to do things like this. I know I know I am becoming one of those parents who just posts about their kid. Oh well!
Blogging is more fun than I thought. I'm just not that good at it yet. I need to figure out how to add all the fun stuff. Here is a picture that Chris took off the video monitor....kinda cool huh! A video monitor is the best thing. For all you pregnant women out there put this on your MUST HAVE list. It gives such peace of mind when you hear a noise in the middle of the night all you have to do is turn on the screen and see everything that you need to! I love it. Chris doesn't really think it matters, but that's just because he sleeps though everything, even earthquakes! There were nights where I would be up all night with our little baby and he thought we were asleep the whole night. Oh the joys of being a heavy sleeper I guess!
Our first family picture. It was right before Christmas. We tried so hard to get a good one, but Devi was sleeping and then it was a little chilly out and so her face turned red. It's better than nothing though! I love this location. Would you believe it was in Chris' mom's backyard...pretty awesome. She's the one that took our picture too! Thanks Patti! Hopefully we'll get another picture soon.
She was so good while she was getting blessed. I was prepared with a bottle just in case! We don't seem to be able to make it through a whole sacrament meeting, so it was great she made it though her blessing. Chris blessed her and gave a beautiful blessing. Thanks to everyone who came to her blessing! It's nice to have family close enough so we are able to do things like this. I know I know I am becoming one of those parents who just posts about their kid. Oh well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the flower headband!!! SO cute! How special you made the dress! ~So you really recommend the video monitors...I almost think I would loose sleep starring at Ethan all night :) hehe AND I love your family picture also, I think you look great for just have had a baby! Much better than I did :) Keep up the good work on the blog!
ReplyDeleteDevi looks so cute in her blessing dress! I'm glad everything went well. I LOVE blessing days! And I am so thrilled that you LOVE your video monitor. I recommend it to everyone but no one really goes for it. Boy are they missing out. It is the most amazing invention. I am hooked for life!
ReplyDelete