Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter...well almost!

We had fun at the inlaws tonight.  Kaylene and her family showed up after dinner and we were able to get a short visit in!  It's nice to have family that live so close.  Growing up, our closest cousins were in Arizona.  Of course we would always go and visit them and go to important events.  I'm excited that for now Devi can be close to all her cousins.  Devi loved playing with Mira (Mina in Devi language) and Aspynn (Aspi in Devi language), they played with balls, kid chairs and a bunny.  There were brownies galore!!!  Hopefully I will find a worthy recipe soon!

By the way, Devi does not like the Easter "buddy" as daddy found out on Thursday.  She cried when she saw the "buddy" and then screamed to go back and see the "buddy" again, back and forth about 3 times.  I know that shouldn't laugh but I did!


Devi wore her Easter dress this week being that next week is General Conference (which by the way I am so looking forward to watching!).  She was the only one wearing an Easter dress and matching hat.  Are the years of Easter dresses and hats gone??  Even if they are, I am determined that she will wear an Easter hat every year (at least until she's 16! j/k).  Hopefully Chris can get his camera and upload some cute pictures!

Oh almost forgot...I sucessfully grossed out Chris with another green St. Patrick's day dinner, well really breakfast for dinner.  Did I go heavy on the food coloring this year to be sure everything was really green or was it to gross him out 2 years in a row?  I'm not really sure...maybe I'll ease up with the coloring next year, I think it almost made Devi sick!

1 comment: